From Prince William to Paris Hilton — Yes, They’re All Related!
Thomas Jefferson. To Americans, the name itself rings of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And to this day, the third President of the United States is considered one of the truest, most steadfast patriots to have ever lived; a man who helped free the American colonies from British rule by helping to establish the Declaration of Independence.
Download or share this fun graphic ——> HERE
In addition to being the principal writer of one of the most treasured documents ever known, this Founding Father of the United States also played a hand in the creation of some other widely adored and influential United States Presidents — and even some famous celebrities.
This infographic highlights a number of Jefferson’s famous kin who undoubtedly share his good genes. Download the full version and see for yourself!
Former U.S. Presidential Kin to Thomas Jefferson
- The infographic shows us that Thomas Jefferson was related to quite a handful of former United States Presidents, including his 11th cousin, James Madison (fourth President of the United States) and 6th U.S. President John Quincy Adams.
- Zachary Taylor, major general in the United States Army and the 12th U.S. President, is also one of Thomas Jefferson’s distant cousins.
- Republican Presidents Benjamin Harrison, George H.W. Bush, Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft and Democratic Presidents Grover Cleveland and Jimmy Carter may not share political beliefs, but they do share Thomas Jefferson’s DNA.
- Also, Richard Nixon can’t tell a lie about being Thomas Jefferson’s 14th cousin, seven times removed.
- William Henry Harrison, the first U.S. President to ever die while holding office, is Jefferson’s 11th cousin, one time removed.
- And yes, even Founding Father George Washington and the most honest politician of them all, Abraham Lincoln, share family ties with the great Thomas Jefferson.
Famous Movie Stars Related to Thomas Jefferson
- Brilliant actors and actresses of days past such as Humphrey Bogart, Katharine Hepburn and crooner, Bing Crosby, share Thomas Jefferson’s genes.
- Western film hero, Randolph Scott is Thomas Jefferson’s 11th cousin, five times removed.
- The most “bewitching” actress of them all, Elizabeth Montgomery, is his 11th cousin, seven times removed.
- Even the late, great Superman, Christopher Reeve, shares a family bond with the third President of the United States.
- Diamonds (and Presidents) are truly a girl’s best friend to Marilyn Monroe (Jefferson’s 14th cousin, six times removed).
- One of the most notable A-list celebrities and movie stars of our time, Jennifer Lawrence (1st cousin, seven times removed), is also related to the third U.S. President.
- And yes, even Hollywood socialite Paris Hilton (11th cousin, five times removed) shares the blood of one of the most influential Presidents to have ever taken office.
More Famous Kin of Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson has also gotten the royal treatment with kin, Princess Diana, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Queen Elizabeth II and King Edward I.
- Influential writers and authors, Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird), Robert Frost (poet and playwright) and others also share the intelligent genes of Thomas Jefferson.
- World-renowned architect, Frank Lloyd Wright (11th cousin, six times removed) is also related to this American patriot.
- Jefferson shares DNA with women’s rights advocate, Susan B. Anthony, as well as the universally-loved activist/author Helen Keller.
- And this true American patriot would be happy to know that Francis Scott Key, author of America’s National Anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” shares his freedom-loving genes.
Are there famous people whom you’ve been shocked to discover are related to you? Let us know!